An aesthetic explorative game where you collect lost fragments of sound in an abstract environment.
• Designed the main mechanics and puzzles for the game.
• Facilitated scrum stand-ups.
• Ensured deadlines were met under tight time constraints and sizable scope.
Coming soon to a digital distribution platform near you!
A VR shooting-gallery archery game with an Egyptian theme.
• Directed the initial design discussion, ensuring core pillars were developed and held to.
• Built the scene with assets provided by other team members.
• Tweaked player feel based on playtesting and feedback.
A physics-based puzzle game inspired by Line Rider for PC.A physics-based puzzle game inspired by Line Rider for PC.
• Ran our brainstorming session to a unique but well-scoped game.
• Facilitated multiple meetings throughout the course of the project.
• Designed and programmed most of the levels, tweaked others.
• Created and Maintained a Kanban board throughout the project.• Ran our brainstorming session to a unique but well-scoped game.
A bee-themed missile command clone with a windy twist for the web.
• Managed an emergency design pivot while avoiding excessive crunch.
• Organized the team around a variety of schedule conflicts as well as ensuring the consistent involvement of remote team members.
• Programmed a variety of mechanics into the game, added content from the artists, and tweaked the code based on playtest findings.
An educational water cycle simulator for elementary students on Android.
• Interviewed a subject matter expert during the design phase, and continued to integrate their feedback throughout development.
• Converted stakeholder requirements into detailed backlog items.
Project Manager Internship
Oversaw Scrum and Waterfall teams over the summer.
• Lead and participated in numerous weekly sprint planning sessions and daily scrum stand-ups.
• Coordinated one waterfall project to completion and another to hand-off at the end of my internship.
• Managed stakeholders from every level management in order to ensure tasks and projects remained on track.
• Documented projects and other data in both Jira and Confluence. See less
Revolutionized operations via automation and securing internal networks.
• Automated and documented over 70 manual tasks, including file transfer infrastructure, various manual entry report generations, mainframe response-required jobs, and server maintenance tasks, yielding a massive savings in work hours and near elimination of common errors.
• Deployed a Certificate Authority server to secure and manage certificates on web interfaces throughout the network while restricting cipher usage to support only encryption at the highest security levels available given software used, providing the most secure FIPS-compliance possible.
• Developed, implemented, and maintained the patching and reboot scheduling system for over 110 servers and 200 workstations, resulting uniform update deployment and easy rollback network-wide.
Operations Supervisor & Technology Support Specialist
Led initiatives to improve efficiency, lower costs, and improve sustainability.
• Supervised up to 6-person seasonal operations staff which processed daily mainframe updates and backups.
• Automated and condensed daily operational workload which saved over 2 hours per day so operations staff could focus on more long-term projects.
• Reduced company expenses by over $2000/month in paper and ink costs by digitizing and automating log and report checks and balances into Excel files.
Website Quality Control & Customer Service
Provided quality documentation and feedback to improve a lackluster project.
• Promoted to QA Tester after presenting a voluntary 20+ page critique on a newly developed browser-based CRMS.
• Contributed second highest number of bug reports and enhancement suggestions for company website
- Conducted user research testing in the form of focus groups, observations, and thinkalouds for 4 game projects.
- Coaching one of the 20+ student teams on how to apply Scrum in a scaled environment.
- Scripted part of a functioning eCommerce website as part of a team of student developers.
- Programmed a simple touch-based mobile game.
- Volunteered at Salt Lake City Library as a Digital Inclusion assistant.
- Researched marketing strategies for New Venture Development projects at Lassonde Institute.
Ruby on Rails
Master of Entertainment Arts & Engineering
University of Utah | Expected May 2020
Master of Business Administration
University of Utah | Expected May 2020
BS – Software Development
Bellevue University | March 2017
CSM, CSPO – Scrum Alliance
PSM, PSPO, PSD, PAL, PSK, SPS – Scrum.org
CAPM - Project Management Institute
Project+, Security+, Network+, A+ - CompTIA
Human Research – CITI Program
Microsoft Office Specialist - Certiport